Revised July 18, 2022
What we do with your personal information
Personal information we collect may include the following:
- your name and email address;
- your user ID and password required to access our programs and services (if applicable);
- the personal content you choose to submit to our app, including text, links, images and video;
- your activity (such as likes, dislikes, comments and direct messages) inside the app;
- any account preference information you provide us; and
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet.
Special examples of personal data :
GoWild may now or in the future collect information you voluntarily provide to us. This could be in to your physique, condition or nutrition in order to customize and enhance your experience when using our products and Services. This personal data may (by itself or in combination) reveal information about your (physical) health. These special categories of personal data may include now (or in the future):
- Activity data and other information you provide when using GoWild.
- Your foot, clothing size, archery specs, gear preferences and other personal measurement information and activity data that you voluntarily share with us through the use of the Services.
- This could include weight, height, heartrate, calories burned, steps taken, nutritional information, sleep activities, other activity data (type, duration and frequency of fitness activities, distance, speed, pace, step count) and injuries.
- Your activity, specific to what your interests are. This could be your boot or shoe size, archery setup, archery skill level, hiking gear, favored trails, etc.
- Measurement data that we collect during our tests may also include heartrate, muscle mass weight and percentage, BMI, BMR, strength and endurance.
In addition, when using our Services, we may also collect and use exact information regarding your location, such as GPS, accelerometer, your running, hiking, fishing or hunting route (including precise location data that shows your geographical position).
If you do provide personal information to us, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose it except:
- as necessary to permit you to create an account and to use our app, which gives you the ability to make your content available to other users of our app and to access content submitted by other users of our app;
- to communicate with you by email or through the app concerning the app and your account;
- to communicate with you by email or through the app about products and services offered by us;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of GoWild or others, which may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer or the device identifier associated with the mobile device on which you’ve installed our app. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website and app; research and development; account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
We collect contact information if you choose to upload it from your address book, which we use to help find members of the community you may know. We do not store a copy of your address book on our servers and will not utilize the information provided without your explicit consent.
Cookies and Third Party Technologies
We may use “cookies” and other tracking technologies to detect whether you’re properly logged in to our website, to provide functionality and services tailored to individual user preferences and to monitor the performance of our website. If you set up your web browser so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
We use certain third-party technologies in connection with our website and app, including the following third-party technologies:
- Google Firebase helps us track user activity inside our app. Firebase collects anonymized data on user location, time spent by a user in the app, use platform (iOS vs Android) and errors occurring while a user in is the app;
- Urban Airship helps us send notifications with our app. Urban Airship collects your device’s unique device identifier in order to send the notifications, keeps an anonymous record of which notifications are opened and collects anonymized data on the amount of time spent using our app each time its opened
- Facebook provides the login mechanism for our app, together with basic information about usage analytics. With the Facebook login function, we collect your first name, last name and mail address.
- Shopify helps track our inventory and customer's purchase information through our website. With Shopify, we collect your first name, last name, business (optional), address, email and your order history. We do not store credit card information. We use five apps within Shopify. Those are:
- Product Reviews
- Mailchimp for Shopify
- Mailchimp Forms by MailMunch
- Free Form Builder by HulkApps
- AlsoBought Recommendations
These apps help with your shopping experience. They may collect your first name, last name, email, address and any open-ended text information you submit via a text field. GoWild does not store your credit card information.
- MailChimp helps track our email list. MailChimp stores your first name, last name and email, and allows us to see if you open an email or not. You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails.
- Itearble helps us send notifications with our app and emails. Iterable keeps a record of your interactions on our platform to help us send relevant emails and push notifications based on your actions on the platform.
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting service providers with whom we have contracted. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off any password-protected portions of our website or app when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard your computer against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Transferring personal data from the EU to the US
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use our website or app. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
To access, edit or delete your personal information, if any, in our possession, please use the profile edit functionality in our app or contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for being a part of GoWild.